Breakthrough Analysis – Gas Mixture Sorption Data – Kinetics – Sorption Selectivity – Gas Separation – Gas Purification
Breakthrough Analyzer for Studying Single- and Multicomponent Gas Adsorption
The dynaSorb BT® series provides unique capabilities to investigate complex dynamic gas adsorption processes in a uniquely safe and easy-to-use bench-top instrument. Industrial adsorbents used in gas separation and gas purification applications, , such as zeolites, active carbons, silica gels, etc., can be investigated under real process conditions in a broad temperature (-20 °C to 400 °C) and pressure (up to 10 bar) range, with adjustable gas flow rates up to 40 L/min and well-defined gas compositions.
- Dynamic sorption breakthrough analyzer.
- Determination of breakthrough curves.
- Investigation of co-adsorption and displacement phenomena.
- Competitive adsorption from mixed gases.
- Multicomponent adsorption of gases and vapors.
- Determination of sorption selectivity.
- Downscaling of industrial separation processes.
- Analysis of sorption kinetics.
- Water and organic vapor sorption.
- Gas separation and purification.
- Pressure swing adsorption.
The stainless-steel adsorber can accommodate large sample amounts (up to 100 ml) of adsorbent to simulate an authentic fixed bed adsorber with realistic gas flow conditions. This allow for downscaling industrial gas separation and gas purification processes in a compact, bench-top instrument. Switching the direction of gas flow through the adsorber enables simulation of pressure swing analysis and column regeneration cycling. High precision mass flow controllers, pressure sensors, and temperature measurement ensures the highest quality data possible.
- Fully automated control via PC and intuitive user interface.
- Sequential adsorption and desorption experiments.
- In-situ sample preparation in inert gas flux and temperatures up to 400 °C.
- Countercurrent gas flow to simulate column regeneration and pressure swing applications.
- Automated regulation of the adsorber pressure up to 10 bar.
- Up to 4 high precision mass flow controllers.
- Automated built-in gas mixing.
- Measurement of inlet and outlet gas composition.
- Temperature control of inlet gas and adsorber allows for uncompromised temperature control throughout the measurement.
- Monitoring of inlet gas temperature.
- Determination of heat profiles in the adsorber with four temperature sensors.
- Monitoring of pressure drop along the adsorber to ensure isobaric conditions.
- Built-in Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD).
- Optional gas analysis via interfaced Mass Spectrometer for multicomponent adsorption analysis.
- Safety guard sensor for flammable gases automatically shuts down the instrument for utmost safety.
- Enhanced Safety by intelligent illuminated color-coded workspace.
The user-friendly control software dynaWin™ provides real-time control and programmable operation of all system functions, including:
- Gas flow rates and gas concentrations.
- Temperature ramps and dwell times for in-situ sample preparation.
- Real-time data display.
- Manual mode control for method development.
- Demo mode for operator training and education.
- Historical data trending.
- User account management (hierarchy of user levels).
- Definition of analysis conditions and intelligent start/stop criteria.
- Configuration of complex analysis sequences.
- Fully automated execution of analysis sequences.
- Well-structured data files to capture the experimental conditions and analysis data.
- Auto save function to protect data integrity.
The status of all sensors and valves, the path and direction of gas flow, and all relevant system information for safe and convenient operation can be viewed at a glance on the controlling PC.
The simulation software dynaSim provides sophisticated data reduction and simulation capabilities, including:
Ideally suited for both in-depth technical calculations and basic research, dynaSim™ accommodates it all, making it a powerful tool for both industry and academia.
- Integration of breakthrough curves.
- Integration of breakthrough curves.
- Parametric studies of gas separation processes.
- Simulation and prediction of breakthrough behavior and heat profiles.
- Calculation of single- and multicomponent adsorption data.
- Determination of selectivity, affinity, and mass transfer coefficients.
- Fitting isotherms to mathematical models (Henry, Langmuir, Toth, Sips, Freundlich).
- Prediction of mixture equilibria using a variety of theories (IAST with Langmuir, IAST with Toth, Multicomponent Langmuir, Multicomponent Sips).
|Number of mass flow controllers1
||2 standard, 3 or 4 optional
||in-situ, fully automated
|Temperature range, heating mantle:
||ambient to 400 °C
|Temperature range, circulator bath:
||-20 °C to 90 °C
||80 cm (31.5 in)
||95 cm (37.5 in)
||60 cm (23.5 in)
1Mass flow controllers are available in different ranges (0.1, 0.2, 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 L/min) for optimal instrument configuration with respect to customer’s needs.